Important Loan Paperwork

Paperwork Needed for A Loan

Most lending institutions require confidential information that you may not have at hand when making a mortgage loan application. To hasten the process of loan approval, you will want to bring the following with you.


*A copy of the Sales Contract on the home that you're buying.

*A check payable to the mortgage company for your credit report and/or appraisal fee. When the loan is approved, this comes off your closing cost. If for some reason the loan is not approved or the house does not appraise, this money is not refunded to you.

*Social Security number for husband and wife.

*Checking account numbers; addresses of banks. (Include children's checking/savings accounts if your name is on them.)

*Savings account numbers; addresses of same; gift letter for any money received from relatives to purchase home and placed in checking/savings account.

*Mutual Fund account numbers and addresses.

*Serial numbers and face values of any U.S. Savings Bonds and other Stocks.

*Copy of current thrift plan, provident fund, or retirement benefits which your company has. If available, include addresses and account numbers. Include IRA and/or Keogh data, where applicable.

*Credit card references and account numbers.

*A list of any debts you have. The name of the creditor, their address, telephone number, account number(s), the monthly payment and balance should be documented.

*List of assets including insurance policies (cash value), cars and furniture (and estimate of their value).

*Name and address of employer(s) for the last five years. Latest leave and earnings statement or pay vouchers.

*If overtime is a substantial part of gross income, provide W-2 forms for the last three years. Commission sales usually require three year's W-2's.

*If you are self-employed, tax returns for the last three years will be required, plus profit and loss statements and balance sheets for the past three years, where applicable.

*If you're getting a Veterans Administration loan, your certificate of eligibility if you have one or a Statement of Service or Discharge Paper if you don't.

*Name and account number of Credit Union.

*If you presently own or have owned a home in the last three years, the name and address of the mortgage company or lending institution, the mortgage loan number and approximate balance.

*If you are obtaining your equity from the sale of your previous residence, a copy of your closing statement is required.

*If you are a landlord, bring a copy of your tenant's lease with you to substantiate income derived. (If no lease is available, bring copies of checks, receipts, etc.)

*Any divorce papers and property settlements where property was involved in a divorce. If alimony or child support is being used as income to qualify for a loan, provide proof of amounts received.

*Any bankruptcy judgment papers.

How can we help? Contact us.